AI and computer science are creating transformation in many industries, especially healthcare, but the UK currently has the lowest percentage of female computer engineering professionals in Europe.
Five inspirational women will give short presentations to a new generation of potential pioneers in this field. The speakers are:
- Wendy Tan, MBE, General Partner, Entrepreneur First, Co-Founder and CEO, Moonfruit, Board Trustee Alan Turing Institute
- Dr Sharon Goldwater, University of Edinburgh School of Informatics, BCS Roger Needham Award 2016
- Dr Sabine Hauert, Lecturer in Robotics, University of Bristol, President & Co-founder, Robohub
- Dr Holly Cummins, Technical Lead, IBM Bluemix Garage London
- Maxine Mackintosh, Co-founder and Director, One HealthTech, Data Science PhD student, UCL